I was reading this wonderful, “Acts of Kindness” article on Upworthy, a website for viral content started in March 2012 by Eli Pariser, the former executive director of MoveOn, and Peter Koechley, the former managing editor of The Onion and thought what a great philosophy of life and a wonderful opportunity to give back.
Here are 5 acts of kindness you can do to spread the love and make the world a kinder place:
1. Spend a couple hours volunteering at a local nonprofit organization. (connect at this link)
2. Donate goods to a local shelter.
3. Call a friend and tell them how much they mean to you.
4. Send kind words to someone getting a lot of hate on social media.
5. Send groceries to a friend who is busy and/or going through a difficult time. (links to sites for local online grocery shopping)
We all have the power to change a life, to change the world with a simple act of kindness. Let’s uplift the world and ourselves by reaching out, lending a hand or sharing a smile.
The Beatles – “I Am The Walrus”